Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mazda Continues MX-5 Festivities with Black & Matte Special Edition


Mazda MX 5 Black and Matte 0001 Mazda Continues MX 5 Festivities with Black & Matte Special Edition


Paris: In honor of the MX-5′s 20th French birthday, Mazda rolled out the MX-5 Black & Matte Edition at the Salon du Cabriolet, Coupé & SUV, an event that I have never heard of before in my entire life.
From the French press release, it sounds like Mazda teamed up with a local designer to throw itself a party; fine by me, but the invitations must have been lost in the mail, because I ain’t there.
Starting with a 2.0 liter Roadster Coupe, Paris design house LK (run by Laure Kczekotowska) seems to have taken the black, matte Miata and covered it “with rhinestones, gems, [and] crystals”. I don’t see no rhinestones, Kenny.
Anyway, the point is this: PARIS. SPECIAL EDITION. MX-5. HAUTE COUTURE. SOMETHING SOMETHING. PARTY. You get the idea.